Why all buyers should have a Realtor?
Just imagine for a moment, all the things a buyer needs to do to purchase
a home on his/her own :
- Start his/her (new - relocation?) job (40+ hours).
- Learn these : schools, police, maps, subdivisions, neighborhoods.
- Research market : Newspaper(2%), internet, FSBO's(remember, 85% of fsbo sold with realtors, only 15% finally sold on their own!).
- Make calls : set appointments, find houses, look at properties with no expertise in areas.
- Write contracts : hire attorney to overlook, present contracts, negotiate contracts.
- Arrange for their own financing.
- Do their own inspections.
- Order and work on their own appraisal.
- And after all this, be on their (new) job!!!
Obviously, it is easy to understand why it is not that easy to sell by owner, knowing that very few buyers will be involved
in a transaction by themself, mainly because they do not have to pay their realtor ( seller pays commision to realtor).
Claude THOMAS, Realtor©